Film Coalescing Aid, also known as Coalescence Aid. It can promote the plastic flow and elastic deformation of polymer compound, improve the coalescence performance, and form film in a wide range of construction temperature. It is a kind of plasticizer which is easy to disappear.
The commonly used strong solvents are ether alcohol polymers, such as propylene glycol butyl ether, propylene glycol methyl ether acetate, etc. Ethylene glycol butyl ether, which used to be commonly used, has been banned in most countries because of its reproductive toxicity to human body.
Generally, the emulsion has a film forming temperature. When the ambient temperature is lower than the emulsion film forming temperature, the emulsion is not easy to form film. The Film Coalescing Aid can improve the emulsion forming machine and help to form the film. After the film is formed, the Film Coalescing Aid will volatilize, which will not affect the characteristics of the film.
In the latex paint system, the film-forming agent refers to CS-12. In the development of the latex paint system, the specific products of the film-forming agent at different stages are also different, from 200#Paint Solvent to Ethylene Glycol. And CS-12 is commonly used in the latex paint system.
III. Physical and Chemical Index
Purity ≥ 99%
Boiling Point 280 ℃
Flash Point ≥ 150℃
IV. Functional Features
The product has high boiling point, excellent environmental performance, good miscibility, low volatility, easy to be absorbed by latex particles, and can form excellent continuous coating. It is a film forming material with excellent performance for latex paints. It can greatly improve the film forming performance of latex paint. It is effective not only for acrylate emulsi, styrenevinyl acetate emulsion, and vinyl acetate-acrylate emulsion, but also for PVAC emulsion. In addition to significantly reducing the minimum film-forming temperature of the emulsion paint, it can also improve the coalescence, weather resistance, scrub resistance and color development of the emulsion paint, so that the film has good storage stability at the same time.
V. Chemical Type
(such as benzyl alcohol, Ba, ethylene glycol, propylene glycol and hexanediol);
2. Alcohol Esters
(such as dodecanol ester (i.e. Texanol ester or CS-12));
3. Alcohol Ethers
(ethylene glycol butyl ether EB, propylene glycol methyl ether PM, propylene glycol ethyl ether, propylene glycol butyl ether, dipropylene glycol monomethyl ether DPM, dipropylene glycol monomethyl ether DPNP, dipropylene glycol monomethyl ether DPNB, tripropylene glycol n-butyl ether tpnb, propylene glycol phenyl ether PPH, etc.);
4. Alcohol Ether Esters
(such as hexanediol butyl ether acetate, 3-ethoxypropionic acid ethyl ester EEP), etc;
VI. Scope of Application
1. Building coatings, high grade automobile coatings and repair coatings coil coatings
2. Environmental protection carrier solvent for textile printing and dyeing
3. Used in ink, paint remover, adhesive, cleaning agent and other industries
VII. Usage and Dosage
According to the amount of emulsion, adding two times at any stage and adding half of the effect in the better grinding stage will help the wetting and dispersing of pigments and fillers. Adding half of the paint stage will help to prevent the bubbles from occurring.
According to the amount of emulsion, at any stage, when you add two times, the effect is better. The addition of half in the grinding stage is helpful to the wetting and dispersion of the pigments and fillers, and the addition of half in the paint adjusting stage is helpful to inhibit the formation of bubbles.
200 kg/25kg drum
It is placed in a cool, dry and well ventilated reservoir area, avoiding sun and rain.
VIII. Standard and Ideal Film Coalescing Aid
The following characteristics shall be available for standard and ideal film-forming agent:
1. The Film Coalescing Aid must be a strong solvent of polymer, which has excellent film forming efficiency for many kinds of water-based resins, and has good compatibility. It can reduce the minimum film forming temperature of water-based resin, and whether it will affect the appearance and luster of the paint film;
2. It has the advantages of low odor, less dosage, excellent effect, good environmental protection, and certain volatility. It can effectively adjust drying rate to facilitate construction;
3. Excellent hydrolysis stability, low solubility in water, its volatilization rate should be lower than water and ethanol, and it should be kept in coating before film forming, and must be completely volatilized after film forming, which does not affect the performance of coating;
4. It can be used to adsorb on the surface of latex particles, which can be used for the adsorption of latex particles with excellent coalescence performance. The full dissolution and swelling water-based resin will not affect the stability of the latex particles.
IX. Development Direction
Although Film Coalescing Aid have a great effect on the film formation of emulsion paint, Film Coalescing Aid are organic solvents and have an impact on the environment. Therefore, its development direction is environmentally friendly effective Film Coalescing Aid:
1. It is to lower the smell. The mixture of coasol, DBE IB, optifilmenhancer300, TXIB, mixture of TXIB and Texanol can reduce the odor. Although TXIB is slightly poor in reducing MFFT and early washability, it can be improved by mixing with Texanol.
2. It is going to reduce VOC. Most of the Film Coalescing Aid are important parts of VOC, so the less the Film Coalescing Aid should be used, the better. The choice of Film Coalescing Aid should be given priority to compounds that are not within the VOC limit, but the volatility should not be too slow and the film forming efficiency is also high. In Europe, VOC refers to chemicals with boiling point equal to or lower than 250 ℃. Those substances with boiling point over 250 ℃ are not classified into VOC, so the Film Coalescing Aid develop to high boiling point. For example, coasol, lusolvanfbh, DBE IB, optifilmenhancer300, diisopropanoladipate.
3. It is a lower toxicity, safer and more acceptable biodegradability.
4. It is an active film-forming agent. Dicyclopentadienoethyl acrylate (DPOA) is an unsaturated polymerizable organic substance, and its homopolymer TG = 33 ℃, no smell. In the formulation of emulsion paint with higher TG value, no Film Coalescing Aid are needed, while DPOA and a small amount of drying agent are added, such as cobalt salt. DPOA can reduce the film forming temperature, and make the emulsion paint film at room temperature. But DPOA is not volatile, not only environmentally friendly, but also oxidized free radical polymerization under the action of desiccant, which increases the hardness, anti viscosity and brightness of the film. Therefore, DOPA is called active film-forming agent.
Post time: May-07-2021