Chemical Name: O-Phenylphenol
Synonym: 2-phenylphenol; Anthrapole 73; Biphenyl, 2-hydroxy-; biphenyl-2-o1; Biphenylol; Dowcide 1; Dowcide 1 antimicrobial; o-hydroxybiphenyl; 2-biphenol; collar phenylphenol; 2-hydroxybiphenyl
Formula Weight: 170.21
CAS NO.: 90-43-7
EINECS NO.: 201-993-5
|Appearance||White Crystalline Flakes|
|Assay %||≥ 99|
|Melting point ºC||56-58|
|Stability||Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents,halogens.|
|PH||7 (0.1g/l, H2O, 20℃)|
|Water soluble (g/L)||0.6-0.8 at 25℃/ 1.4-1.6 at 60℃|
1. It has high activity and has a broad-spectrum sterilization and mold-removing ability. It is a good preservative and can be used for anti-mildew preservation of fruits and vegetables.
2. O-phenylphenol and its sodium salt can also be used to produce disinfectants and preservatives for fibers and other materials (wood, fabric, paper, adhesives and leather).
3. O-phenylphenol is mainly used industrially for the preparation of oil-soluble o-phenylphenol formaldehyde resin to produce a varnish excellent in water and alkali stability.
4. It is used as antiseptic, printing and dyeing auxiliaries and surfactants, stabilizer and flame retardant for synthesis of new plastics, resins and polymers.
5. Fluorometric determination of carbohydrate reagents.
6. Widely used in printing and dyeing auxiliaries and surfactants, synthesis of new plastics, resins and polymers stabilizer and flame retardant and other fields.
Storage: Store in dry, ventilated areas to avoid direct sunlight.